Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Time of Favor


I'm a little unsure of what to think about the film Time of Favor. Although, it won several awards, I was not particularly impressed with the film. I was confused about the plot for the majority of the time, the characters seemed underdeveloped, and the film style seemed outdated for its time. I did find the plot very original, however. Even though there are similarities to Paradise Now, the story is uncommon. Since the story line and it's characters are so unique, I wish the film was further developed. I felt no attachment to any of the characters. Maybe that's because the scenes jumped from character to character too quickly, instead of focusing on them for longer. I would have liked to figure out Rabbi Meltzer's character better. He seemed to have been a powerful person in the plot, but I never exactly understood what he said to his students. Also, his relation to Menachem and the orthodox military group was somewhat unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment